Rumtse To Korzok Trek
Tour Highlights: High Altitude trek, Monasteries, High Altitude Lake, villages and drive.
Trek Style: Local mountain guide / camping
Duration: 14 Days (Delhi to Delhi)
Best Season: July-September
On Trek: 07 Days
1-2 persons: 1190 USD per person
3-4 persons: 1120 USD per person
5-8 persons: 1050 USD per person
Please check inclusion / exclusion section.
A shorten form of Rumtse to Kibber trek is one of the most interesting and less tragveled trek in Ladakh. Nomadic land and nomade people, wild life and the high altitude Lake tsomoiriri is the key attraction of this trek. This trek is moderate in grade and the highest altitude is reached at 5200 M.This trek needs at least 2-3 days of acclimatization at Leh like all the other treks in Ladakh, which can be utilized by doing sightseeing and monastery visits.
Day By Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive Delhi IGI Airport.
Transfer to Domestic Airport. Fly Delhi – Leh, Arrive Leh Airport (11500 ft.) transfer to hotel, rest for acclimatization.
Overnight hotel at Leh.
Day 02: Leh
: Acclimatization / Introductory tour of Shey, Thiksey and Hemis monasteries. Overnight hotel at Leh.
Day 03: Leisure at Leh
. Overnight hotel at Leh.
Day 04: Leh
- Rumtse (3 hrs drive)- Kyamar 4050 m (4 hrs) From Leh, the drive to Rumtse is an exciting one, with views of the Indus Valley and many monasteries on the way. Day one is easily manageable: we have a short walk on a rather flat terrain to aid acclimatization. We will camp overnight at lush Kyamar, near a spring.
Day 05: Kyamar
- Tisaling 4200 m (6-7 hrs) We should be fully energized today with proper breakfast for a challenging day ahead. We begin with gradual ascent towards our first pass of Kumur La (4800 m), which gives a spectacular view of the Changthang range with its colorful rife of mountain. After the pass, we steadily descend towards the base of the next pass. Here we might come across nomads with their herds of sheep, goats and yaks. After a short rest, we set out for Mandalchan La (4850 m). From this pass it’s an easy descend to the camping site at the pastureland of Tisaling.
Day 06: Tisaling
- Ponganabu 4250 m (6 hrs) By now, we are well acclimatized to conquer our third pass, the Shibuk La (4900 m), and about 2-hour journey. From the top of the pass, we have an incredible view of the surrounding mountains and of our next destination, Tsokar Lake. With a breathtaking view to ease our exhaustion, we head down towards the valley accompanied by the shrill whistles of the shy and active marmots, which is characteristic of this harsh region. It’s approximately a 4 hrs walk to the Tsokar basin, and our camp for the night will be the windy Pongunabu.
Day 07: Ponganagu
- Nuruchan 4300 m (6 hrs) Today is an easy day, and we follow a dusty jeep road towards Tsokar Lake. Along the salty shores of the lake, we have a rare impeccable opportunity to see some of the endangered migratory birds of the world. From here we carry on along the trail to the right of the lake, keeping to a barren land until Nuruchan, where we will be welcomed by a grassy land with streams nearby.
Day 08: Nuruchan
- Gyamar Barma 5100 m (7-8 hrs) We have to get set for a tough day ahead. We will cross the icy cold stream in Nuruchan before gradually ascending Horlam Kongka La (4900 m). From the pass, we will have a view of the turquoise blue Tsokar. After an easy 40-minute walk down to Rajungkaru, we will encounter several typical Tibetan nomads with their flock of yaks, sheep and pashmina goats. Following the stream for about 50 minutes, we will enter another nomad settlement. These nomads are of Western Tibetan origin. When the Chinese subjugated Tibet these nomads and their animals faced numerous hardships, fighting biting cold and losing many lives while fleeing into Ladakh from Tibet.
After sharing a cup of butter tea with the nomads, we will continue to ascend the Kyamayuru La (5410 m); this pass is challenging in nature, but the magnificent view from the top makes it well worth all our strenuous efforts. From the pass we descend gradually to the valley towards our campsite at Gyamar Barma (5150 m). Due to the campsite’s high altitude, bad weather can make night temperature freezing.
Day 09: Gyamar Barma
- Gyamar 5200 m (3-4 hrs) When we open our eyes in the morning, we will find ourselves amidst a herd of grazing yaks. After breakfast, we head to our next pass, Kartse La (5300 m). Ascending slowly in the thin air of the plateau, we will eventually reach the pass. The trail leads gradually down to the lush green valley of the Gyamar, where we spend our night.
Day 10: Gyamar
- Korzok 4500 m (6-7 hrs) Today, we gradually ascend towards the highest and final pass on the trek. Following the narrow valley until the Yalung Nyaulung La (5450 m), we will see some of the rare flowers and herbs of the Himalayan region. The fragrances will astonish you! To our right we can view snowcapped mountains and from the top of the pass we will also have a view of the lake Tsomoriri, surrounded by snowcapped mountains. We descend steeply for a couple of hours to the Korzok Phu, the summer pasture of the Korzok people. From the pasture, we continue to the Korzok (Tsomoriri lake), the destination of our adventure.
Day 11: Korzok
- Leh (7 hrs drive) We drive back to Leh along the gorges of the mighty Indus with all these good memories in mind, leaving behind the beautiful lake Tsomoriri.
Day 12: Day at leisure in Leh
. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 13: Transfer to Airport, to connect flight to Delhi
. Meeting and assistance on arrival at Delhi Airport and transfer to Hotel in Delhi. Overnight hotel in Delhi.
Day 14: Delhi Home
: Transfer to International airport to fly home.
Hotels likely to be used:
“Specific hotel accommodation” subjected to availabilities otherwise alternative hotel of same category shall be provided.
||Please choose from Category:
Budget Guest House, Standard Guest House, 3 Star Hotel, 4 Star Hotel, 5 Star
||“A” Category Hotels
|| Spic-n-Span, Cho Palace, Lahrimo, Kanglachen, Pangong, Mogol International.
- Accommodation in “A” category hotel at Leh with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transportation for sightseeing as per the itinerary by Scorpio/Gypsy/Sumo.
- English Speaking monastery guide for sightseeing
- All monastery entrance fees in Ladakh
- Arrival and departure transfers at airports in Delhi and Leh with assistance
- Trek on full board
- All trekking equipments; sleeping tents, dinning tents, kitchen tent, toilet tents, carry mats, water cans, kitchen utensils and accessories etc.
- All trekking staff: Mountain Guide, Trek Cook, Helper, Horse/Pony
- Transportation for trek staff, equipment and food items.
- Two way radio as per requirement
- Potable oxygen cylinder as per requirement
- First Aid Box (No imported medicines and accessories)
- Any Inner-line permits applicable as per the regions.
- Accommodation in Delhi***
- Trekking shoes
- Sleeping bags
- Any climbing equipment
- Government Service tax 4.95% on package
- Medical and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation, strike or any other natural calamities
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
Rumtse To Korzok Trek Reservation Form